vrijdag 25 juni 2010

Tick, Click and you have it …

I was approximately 8 years old when I saw WHAM and heard “Wake me up before you go go…” for the first time in my life. I was in LOVE. Side comment: I didn’t even know what “gay” was at that time and nobody knew that George was one of them. Anyway, I was not only in love with him but also with the song. Crazy in love. I have spend hours in front of my aunt’s cassette recorder made by Grundig to record the song …. Sometimes, I was able to get a half of it, sometimes the whole one, with some talking of the radio presenter in between (now: podcast). Most of the time I was simply too late to record it at all … The pieces that I had, I was playing all over again… and singing in my “own English way”.

Nowadays we have iPhones (or other telephones) and when we hear the music that we like, we can record small piece, go online and buy it. DONE! Simply brilliant! But no changeless like back in the old good times!

1 opmerking:

Marinka zei

Other phones??????????????? Do they even exist? They are falling in the same category as Grundig cassette decks these days ;-)))