woensdag 24 november 2010

The tiredness of thoughts …

Almost every day I have at least few topics for a blog and eventually nothing comes out of my head. Not one sentence , not even one word, not even a letter. I just admire work of the others: books, articles, blogs, posts … and respect most of them for a great eye to see, ear to listen and the easy way of writing.

I will write more, in the future but for now, I have finished “Lapidarium IV” and “Travels with Herodotus” by Ryszard Kapuscinski . I found both great, amazing, so true and surprising. I have become a big fan regardless the dispute rather what he has written should be classified as a fiction or journalism. I do not care that much and is just great to read.

I have also tried “I will sell the house, which I live in” (Inzerát na dům, ve kterém už nechci bydlet) by Bohumil Harabal. My goodness, what a book, Maslowska squared. I liked small pieces in the book, in the way “how crazy can you be to imagine such situations”, I was not able to finish ….to crazy and extraordinary. what makes you think while reading the below statements of old female character, selling the greasy sausages, midnight hours, in Prague:

“you will not die the natural way, and if you die, please let your body be cremated, give the ashes to me as your last will and I will use it to clean my forks and my knifes, this way it will happen something interesting to you, at least, like with a gift, with disaster or with love ”.

Is rather weird, isn’t it? The whole book is written this way…. I was so tired afterwards that I had to switch to Harry Potter. Highly recommended to all odd-ies . Good luck!

Geen opmerkingen: