zondag 26 juli 2009

Toscana part 2 – Books

Before we even went on holidays I have decided that I am going to read and rest. I did not want to have holidays like we had before: busy busy, busy … RELAX that was my motto. Every afternoon I was taking one hour nap and reading for a while…

“Afgunst” by Saskia Noort – Is a very short thriller about love, power, jalousie, sex life and dominant behavior. People say, typical Saskia story … so decided to read more of her in the future.

“People of the book” by Geraldine Brooks – The story has been inspired by the existing, mysterious codex known as the Sarajevo Haggadah. The book takes you from Nazi sacking of Sarajevo through Vienna, an inquisition era in Venice and Spain where the whole story actually begins. Written in such a perfect way that you cannot put he book down without knowing who, what and why…

“The wooden sea” by Jonathan Carroll – The book is crazy and mysterious as all books of Carroll. The tale of the Police Chief Frannie McCabe and the small Crane's View city begins as ordinary story but quickly changes in to unexplained, puzzling chain of happenings.

“Mijn leven als een hond” by Martin Bril – These are very nice and funny short stories about the animals and the every day life. It is kind of Blog on paper …

2 weeks, 4 books …still, I need quite a lot of free time and holidays to finish all my books standing and waiting to be read … some times I hear them whispering “take me, I have such a beautiful and interesting story to tell…”

Geen opmerkingen: