zondag 11 oktober 2009

Hoge Veluwe loop -10K

Mid October I have not expected the weather to be good but at least no rain or small drizzle. What we got on the way and in the Hoge Veluwe Park when the run took place, was wall of rain (A. and F went with me). Taught by the experience of last year and my previous 10K run, I left on time (thanks to A.) and took enough food and drink.
It was raining when we left home, raining on the way but dry when we got there. Just before the run started … man oh man … I was already wet up to my underwear. Poor A. and F I felt really bad …

The run started in the heavy rain and the rain last for 2 km (so app. 10 min). I had sticky hair, raining jacket glued in to my skin and swimming pool in my shoes but… the air and the surrounding … super cool. The firs 6 km in the forest, the last 4 between the fields and trees … I was feeling pretty good taking in to consideration that Friday and Saturday was taking “paracetamol” to decrease my fever. I know, I know, it was not that smart at all to go, but I wanted desperately to do it.

The time was not below 1h as my goal few months ago was but still better than I thought. 1:02:53 ... I hope that next time will be better. Waiting still for the photos ...

Geen opmerkingen: