woensdag 19 mei 2010

Long weekend …

Finally I took all the courage together and decided to drive to Poland. For the first time I was driving alone (with P. as my navigator, kook, entertainment center and Fuyo as my … dog). A. was a bit freaking out, reminding me to drive safe, rest, be careful, make enough stops, do not crazy and many, many other warnings. We left at 6:15 after good night sleep, full of energy and bags with food and drinks. We reach my mum place (834km further) at 15:15 without any problems, with 2 stops to relax and one for the petrol… I do not know how does it work but without A. next to me I am much more relaxed and have been not that tired after the whole trip ;).

Poland is still the same. My family busy with work, from morning to evening, most of them 7 days a week and happy that there is a work and business is rolling. When I come back to NL, I am being “home” sick for 2-3 days and thinking how nice it would be to have all my closest family here. After this few days when becoming busy with the “usual stuff”, my “homesickness” is gone with the wind and it’s good again.

The way back to NL was far from nice. We had the traffic jam before, in and behind Hamburg.
It seemed that all German nation went for the long weekend to the sea side and on Sunday everyone wanted to go back home. Scheisse stau!!!! Anyway, it took us 12,5 hours to reach Voorburg … I was so tired that I could not fall asleep. It was definitely a long weekend.

Geen opmerkingen: